Reuniting families is a priority for the Canadian government. Therefore, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) offers a variety of Family Sponsorship programs. To sponsor a family member in Canada, you must be 18 years old or more, a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.

The Family Sponsorship programs, also known as Family Class programs, are in most cases a pathway to permanent residence. Like the Spouse and the Dependent Children Sponsorship, that allows spouse, common-law or conjugal partner or dependent children that live outside Canada to immigrate.

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship also works in the same way as the aforementioned categories, granting the sponsored mother, father, grandmother and/or grandfather with the permanent resident status. In other words, they can profit from the same benefits as any other permanent resident in Canada.

While not a pathway to permanent residence, the Super Visa allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents to visit Canada for up to two years at a time, with the visa being valid for 10 years. Also, in very specific circumstances, it is possible to Sponsor Other Close Relatives through a Canadian Family Sponsorship program.

Since Canada has one of the most generous family reunification programs in the world, that can be a great option for bringing your loved ones to live in Canada with you. But each category has its own criteria. So, to make the process of application easy and simple to you, you can always count on Mercan Group.

Mercan has assisted many families from all over the world to join their loved ones in Canada through Sponsorship programs. With years of experience and experts a top of the constantly changing immigration policies, Mercan is highly qualified to help you in this process. Take now a free assessment to determine your eligibility to sponsor a family member in Canada.

Available Sponsorship Programs.

Spousal Sponsorship

Willing to bring your spouse, common-law, conjugal partner or dependent children to live with you in Canada?

Parent and Grandparent Family Class Sponsorship

Do want to bring your parents or grandparents to live in Canada as permanent residents?

Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

Do you wish to have your parents or grandparent living temporarily with you in Canada?

Sponsoring Other Eligible Relatives

Do you want to know about the special circumstances for sponsoring other eligible relatives?


You can sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. You can also apply as a sponsor if your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner or dependent children live outside Canada. There is no income requirement to sponsor your spouse and dependent children.

No technology can replace the value of a parent or grandparent’s physical presence. They are crucial to the development of our children’s good values and personalities. For the past 25 years, Mercan has assisted families in bringing their parents and grandparents of different cultural backgrounds to Canada.

Super Visa is for parents and grandparents of Canadian or permanent residents who wish their family to visit Canada for up to two years at a time with a multiple visa valid for ten years. This type of application is perfect for families who wish their parents or grandparents to visit Canada temporarily.


  • 390 Rue Notre Dame Ouest,
    Montréal, QC H2Y 1T9
  • +1 514 282 9214

"*" indicates required fields