• Most foreign nationals need a work permit to work in Canada. There are 2 types of work permits:

    Employer-specific work permit

    An employer-specific work permit lets you work in Canada according to the conditions on your work permit, such as

    • the name of the specific employer you can work for
    • how long you can work
    • the location where you can work (if applicable)

    Before you apply for an employer-specific work permit, your employer must give you

    • a copy of your employment contract
    • 1 of the following:
      • a copy of a labour market impact assessment (LMIA)
      • an offer of employment number (for LMIA-exempt workers)
        • To get this number, your employer must use the Employer Portal.

    If your employer does not need to use the Employer Portal to submit an offer of employment, they must give you a copy of the employment contract.

    Mercan Group of Companies has several job orders in Canada but are limited to the following:

    • Restaurant managers/supervisors
    • Cooks
    • Long-haul Truck Drivers
    • Meat cutters
    • Farm workers
    • Grocery clerks
    • Machinists
    • Welders
    • Mechanics
    • Construction workers

    We regularly conduct manpower pooling for the above and other occupations from time to time. Please be aware that you will be contacted by our offices, ONLY when we have a suitable job offer for you.

    Your eligibility to apply for a Canadian temporary work permit will depend on several factors. No matter where you apply, all work permit applicants, must:

    • have a Valid Job Offer. In most cases, an employer from Canada needs to go through government approvals in order for their job offer to be considered “valid”. This job validation process can be in the form of Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), or, in some provinces, a Provincial Nominee job approval.
    • prove that you have several years of work experience and completed an education to meet your duties required in your Canadian job.
    • meet the eligibility requirements for permanent residence in Canada if your employer’s Job Offer validation was processed under a permanent residency program.

    If you received a job offer from a Canadian Employer, please ask them to complete our employer form here.

    If you would like to submit your CV/resume and be added to our manpower pool, please complete our form below.

    REMINDER: You will be contacted by our offices, ONLY when we have a suitable job offer for you.

Foreign Worker Inquiry Form

Max. file size: 10 MB.